Advice for a Balanced Clan

From: vrylakos <vrylakos_at_...> <vrylakos_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:06:23 -0000

alrighty...

After a long absence playing KODP, I decided to sit down with my roomie/ex-girlfriend and see if she'd enjoy playing it as a co-op type game. Turned out she really liked it, but it's been so long I'm a bit confused. I also can't seem to find my manual, so we're playing blind... I don't remember very much of the details of the game (like, rye/barley, what's the diff... things like that).

Our population has had to split twice.
Ernalda is our main deity. We've got all her blessings ready to go, with two of them supported by a temple.

Orlanth is also well-maintained. We've got Thunderstone, Lightning, and Rain all supported.

Also supported with Shrines or some such: Silvertongue, the Wind Spirits...

We've been focusing on trade, though as a balanced clan we tried to raid every year. Our trade magic seems to fail us just when we need it most. Raiding regularly seems to have backfired and now a series of bad raids have the carls in our face, and widows flipping out. We just received the thunder-saur eggs, but they are not yet mature. Elves have also made themselves known, but I think we've parleyed with them...

Recently our shrine to Uralda fell into disrepair. We've had a bad year or two... failed the "Storm Tribe" heroquest at the expense of our best fighter, and our reputation went south. Suddenly we're being a raided a lot, even though we only have one 'whipping boy' feud. Cattle raids from trade partners seem a regular occurence, and now we need cattle badly.

We just succeeded in "Ernalda feeds the tribe",. the second HQ we've undertaken... our goal was to feed our tribe. I'm just not sure what to do next to get out of our downward spiral..

BTW, we're playing short game on easy. Any advice on how to get back on top of the game?

Urgh.

Darren