Re: 77 years old and still hanging on in with his finger nails!

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 07:19:12 -0800 (PST)

Chris;

The end game can drag sometimes. Much as I love the game I'd call this the biggest weakness--you get a strong and propserous clan, then you have to hurry an wait for destiny, so you go from active (building up your clan, forming a tribe, completing your quests, taking the kingship) to reactive (waiting for the fated events to occur and trying to make the best of them.

You are in the end game, so as far as I can tell you king won't die of old age now. I like to think he gets magical vigor, so is supernaturally spry, rather than a wizened husk who needs to be carried to sit in front of the fire.

For making peace between tribes, the following might or might not help: 1) Be as persuasive as possible
-make sure you are maxed out on diplomacy magic (bring in issaries or lankhor my worshippers onto your ring if you need to, or consider moving to a more peaceful type of clan). -get the Issaries silvertongue and Humakt Oath blessings active, and while you are at it the Lankhor My literacy blessing wouldn't hurt either.
-Get your two best bargainers onto the ring, so they get full advantage of all magic, and use them to visit the quarrelling kings. -Complete the Uralda heroquest to gain influence over bulls and bull headed people.
-Complete the making of the storm tribe heroquest, which has a general benefit for three years of making you more persuasive. -Do other heroquests to make your best negotiators better. -I think there are one or two treasures that can make you more persuasive, see if you can trade for them.

2) Prepare the ground
-Look up which clan holds the kingships of the other tribes, and make sure your relations with them are good. End feuds for sure, and give copious gifts until they view you favorably and owe you favors. -If necessary, use the Issaries heroqest to to improve relations with them.
-Give gifts to other clans outside your tribe too, generally improving your reputation.
-If the kings of any of the other tribes come from a clan with devotion to a particular god, try honoring that god with a temple, it can't hurt relations and might help.
-If you have time you might try divination to check these other king clans' attitudes towards you, although I've never gone quite that far.

A couple more notes:
- Dave mentioned once that if your tribe has more war clans versus peace clans, it gets harder to make peace between the warring tribes. - You do get at least a coule of chances. If you can get them to parley but they aren't ready for a city yet, try offering to broker disagreements between them.
- If you can't get them to parley, you get at least one more chance (I'm not sure how many total).
- I'm pretty sure that eventually if you fail you get clear indication of it, like hearing that the Feathered Horse Queen is having a contest with other people involved.

Regards;

Bryan

> My clan chief is now at the grand old age off 77 and the clan has
> been going quite sometime am I perhaps in the end game? I had a
> spell of clan chiefs dying at 60 so I guess it does sound positive.
> Well I'm stolen a horse from the horse scum from the west, but with
> all my gift and guile can't get the 2 waring tribes arguing about
> trade to build a town. I'm sorry to say i'm starting to get a little
>
> bored with the game, i'm explored a very large percentage of the map
> (apart from beast valley and skyfall lake and knowing what's there I
> should be so coco if I'm ever going to go there!) agricultural and
> military bases are secure even split the tribe of all the losers and
> have recovered my strength in numbers. Where are the telmori
> though! And why ain't the feathered horse queen bride visited even
> after I sent em a treasure when I heard they had got a new queen?
> Better put the game down for a week before I get frustrated. Lol

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com