Re: Why KoDP is not popular?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:25:12 -0800

David

> I think David's attempt to market to non-computer gamers was a good
> decision.

It probably was, but there wasn't a lot of evidence that the ads in the fiction magazines did any good.

What seemed to have the most impact were key reviews. The one in Pelit (which is an awesome magazine -- I think it's supposed to be the number 2 magazine among the young adult male market, after of course Donald Duck) rocketed us to a top 10 game in Finland. And there was an online review that gave a big boost to our online sales for a bit. Sadly, the luck of the draw meant that the reviewers at the two big US print magazines didn't like the game (they were in fact about the two least favorable reviews of all those I've seen).

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com