Re: Mac Problems

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:04:56 -0800

Guy's friend:

> I am using OS 9.0.4 on an
> iMac. The symptoms are that 1) all the games I have suddenly became much
> smaller on screen. Even if there is a pullbar or other size control
> feature present, it does not allow me to expand the width. With KODP, the
> small size makes it almost impossible to read the text. I have
> experimented with every setting I can find without any hint of a change.
> 2) The tool bar became smaller in size at the same time.

My guess is that this is one of the older (non-flat screen) iMacs, and that some software has changed the display resolution. He should be able to use the Monitors control panel to change it back to what he's used to (or to 640x480 to play KoDP). If that doesn't work, it might help to delete any file in his Preferences folder that relates to displays or monitors, and restart.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com