Re: Ouch

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

Well, they are just raiding to plunder you, for refusing to pay tribute. They aren't feuding with you per se, more like spanking you for being naughty. If they were really mad I imagine it would be worse! As it is, I think that it is usually better to pay the tribute (possibly bargained down a bit), accept that life sucks sometimes, and put the following plan into place:

Check your popularity metre in sacred time--is it on one of the top couple of notches?

   If no, do you know the "making of the storm tribe" heroquest?

       If no, start sacrificing like mad until you do.

   Knowing the MotST quest, plan it for next year (call in favors    to bump your magic, sacrifice to Orlanth, do whatever else you    like to do to prepare), then perform the quest to increase    your reputation.

With your reputation on the top notch or two, prepare to perform the MotST quest as quickly as is safe. Then perform it to gain blessings for tribe making.

You may not be in a strong position to make a tribe, but you can probably get together at least four clans, which may be a weak tribe, but it is a start. This will stop the tribute demands from the Colymar.

I call this strategy "escaping to a tribe." I think I started a tribe in one game in the fourth or fifth year of the game like this, for a clan that got hit up for tribute in year two (they happened to have had the clan making event in their history, so already knew the quest and had a good leader for it).

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo http://search.yahoo.com