Has anybody......

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:04:45 -0000

Have you ever split your tula with a new clan BEFORE tribe making? (either for an incoming clan or due to population growth?) If so, does the game let you negotiate with them when you are founding the tribe? If also so, what are their demands like? (yes, I had the opportunity to split my tula not long before tribe making, but it wasn't a sound move at the time.....something about a fox and being too militarily weak to easily seize more land.....).

It wouldn't surprise me if the game doesn't allow this, seeing as in my current game after I seized the territory of a neighboring clan that we were feuding with, the claimed new territory right on my easter border--quite a long border between us. However the game doesn't recognize them as "close" for allowing cattle raiding, nor will it let us attempt to seize their new land (man was I disapointed by the latter, as it would have given us a bridge beyond a tribe mate to seize land from a clan that we had poor relations with already).

--Bryan