Just a bad neighborhood....

From: Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:01:23 -0400

I've just finished a mildly unusual game. I rarely check the one-sentence descriptions of my neighbors until it's time to form a tribe; in the early game, I'm more interested in who my allies are and who's feuding with me.

So, this time around, when it got to be time to form a tribe, I was startled to learn that my best ally was known for their history of mad chieftains, my second-best ally was known for reforming bandits and outlaws, and my third-best ally was known for their reliance on raiding.

We formed a tribe anyhow, with our allies, and had less trouble forming it than usual -- but I can just imagine what all the other clans were saying.

This game was also interesting in that Kallyr and Derik Singlepath were almost exactly the same age. I sent Kallyr off to be trained, as I usually do, without thinking about it, but I bet Derik threw a temper tantrum. "How come SHE gets to be trained by a famous holy warrior of Vinga, and I have to stay here in this lousy Peace Clan!" Hm, come to think of it, maybe he was the kid who lobbed manure at our temple, and the other kid got framed.

--
Meredith Dixon <dixonm_at_...>
Check out *Raven Days*: http://www.ravendays.org