Re: Re: nostalgia

From: James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey <jscm_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:42:52 -0400

At 04:41 PM 9/2/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Yeah still gotta finish off the tail end of a hard level game,
>however, MBA takes priority. After the project component (and I have
>no idea what business problem I'd like to contribute an answer to,
>any suggestions!) of the MBA I'll finish the game off.

Figure out how to eliminate the crunch mode in game production. 8)

Develop a better model for game publishing so that games like KoDP don't wind up as cult unknowns. 8)

On a more serious note behind those, lots of people complain that the business model for game development -> publishing -> retail is a mess. There's probably something to be gained in examining it.

James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey
jscm_at_... (note - new address!)