Re: Do you find certain Heroquests more difficult than others?

From: macleod130373 <alain.roques_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 03:16:27 -0000

To my experience no HQ is difficult.
Just choose the right anwsers with the good guys. In time of trouble I frequently do 2 quests a year. In Time of peace 1 by year (or 2 every three years) is common For this: Sacrifice to the God before questing, Questing sacrifice, queter is a Ring member, treasures (for convincing bullheads for exemple) big magic pool, magic in skills needed in the quest Uralda is quite easy if you use an Uraldan with Combat (and choose the rigth actions). Combat can be learned on another Quest if needed. Elmal is easy too (but I confess that some anwsers are strange), Elmal falls but do not fail. I don't do this quest often in fact (no lasting benefits)
Humakt is my general purpose Quest for skills of Kalir and treasures
(the death rune treasure is a must have), in a game I often do this
quest many many times
Ernalda needs a good Leadership
In Aroka I contine to hesitate on the first anwser (kill or imprison, I know the result but I don't know what Orland said, choose imprison but kill works well too), and I choose to minimize injury because I dont want my Orlanthi to be wounded (especially if sacred time is close) but it hurts the results
Chalana Arroy is quite easy and very usefull at the beginning of game
(peace bomb)

Storm tribe, Issaries and Lhankor Mhy nothing particular to say. Try to make Issaries Quest when yoo have spirit fetch or treasures to give (like the dwarves treasure (still don't know if it's a good treasure))

If you have problems whith quests change your anwsers and look at your magic increase in the end. It's a bit random but better are the anwsers bigger it can be

Duncan chief of the Leodi the biggest Questers of Dragon Pass