Fighting Strengths

From: tarvostrigarannos <PJS_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:19:10 -0000

Is there any rhyme or reason to the fighting strengths of other clans? Our irreconcilable enemies constantly raid us and we almost always defeat them, often inflicting heavy casualties. Conversely, our raids on them are more often successful than not... yet this time I launch a raid, suddenly they have Twenty Two weaponthanes! What the- ? Does the game just assign lots more weaponthanes to clans at a specific point in time?
Horse Spawn and Praxians I know cannot ever be deterred from raiding (I once killed or wounded every single member of a Praxian raiding party bar a single warrior, and yet they still came back the following year for more) they just appear as plot devices at random, but is the same true of other clans too?