Re: Re: Chaos on the Ring

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:36:37 -0800 (PST)

Well, I'm not sure about this but.....

In one game we made a tribe with the Argar Argan clan, and agreed in the tribe making deals to make peace with the trolls. On our first exploration we'd promised never to go there again, and a later exploartion missoin got too close, berated for coming back when we'd promised not to, and killed. After quite a lot of years the Argan Argar clan proposed that we go make peace, and we agreed. We had to decide whether our clan would send guards and interpreters or not, and the game did put in the proviso "even though you promised you'd never go back there." We sent our lawspeaker all the same (we had a replacement on hand, just in case!) and some guards, and did manage to make peace with the trolls. And in the few remaining years of the game there were no troll raids.

So, that could be a reason not to go there (so that you won't previously have promised not to go back). On the other hand, there is the option, if I recall correctly, to propose peace with the trolls. That has never worked for me in the past, but the tribal experience suggests that just maybe it is possible. Whether or not it is possible as a clan, and what else you'd have to have done to succeed at it, I don't know.

But just when I was thinking I'd lay off of KoDP for a while, now I'm curious to see :) I'll have to set up new clan and see if we can broker our own peace or not!

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it! http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/