Raiding and paying tribute

From: Kaj Sotala <Tspro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:57:35 +0200

Grrr, I just realized that my e-mail addy for this list had been bouncing for a while and I'd missed some of the mails. Oh well, good thing that the archives exist.

I was having an interesting "evil overlord" style of game earlier - I'd keep raiding every nearby clan that wasn't feeling friendly towards me until they gave up and were feeling like paying tribute. Having three clans all paying you 12 cows of tribute a year is pretty nice... but then that milk-eyed prophet showed up and told us to build a tribe, and now I can't raid my tribemates (for obvious reasons), nor do I want to raid people in other tribes (for fear of annoying their whole tribe). Darn.

Ah well, at least that bunch of troublemakers I told to get lost and refused to give any land to is looking pretty hostile to us. Perhpas this should be my new strategy - each time after a clan split, raid the splitters until they agree to pay tribute, then recruit new people into the clan so that there'll be a new split ASAP and I get a new clan I can beat into submission?

AIM Xuenay / MSN Xuenay_at_... | http://www.saunalahti.fi/~tspro1/ Kent: "But if you REQUIRE the player to roll for this spell, then you're discriminating against players with no hands. Or against players who cannot afford dice." Harvey: "If you ever have no hands, I am going to laugh at you."