Re: Re: [spam] Re: Raiding and paying tribute

From: James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey <jscm_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:02:24 -0500

> > They are? I couldn't find anything about this when I followed up the link
> > on my group's site.
>
>I don't know if they are, i'm just formulating an hypothesis, based on the
>fact Yahoo seems to have a lot of false-hit, just like SpamCop does from the
>anti spam i use (mail washer)

 From another list I'm on: the list owner can turn off SpamGuard.

    From: "Joseph Rispoli" <jrispoli_at_...> Subject: How to turn off SpamGuard

Good Morning,

This is a note is directed to all Moderators and Owners of Lists on Yahoo...

Yahoo has instituted Spam guard on all lists.... and it will mark messages as spam, whether you like it or not.

I just learned how to turn off Spam Guard and have done so on all the lists I moderate or own.... My reasoning is that if only members can post why would we spam ourselves, right?

Here's how:

1.Go to Your groups home page, select Management 2. On the management page select : Group Settings Description and Appearance
Membership
Web Tools
Messages (Select this option)
The Settings area enables you to edit your group description, posting options, feature access, and other important settings.

3. Next select the edit on your Posting options Posting and Archives [ Edit ] Your list will probably show SpamGuard Column as on. If it says off like this group option does then you don't have to worry about it. :-) Posting Options
Who can post Reply-to Moderation Attachments SpamGuard Moderators Sender Unmoderated Distribute Off

4. Then select the following option to turn off Spam Guard:

Posting Options
Who can post Reply-to Moderation Attachments SpamGuard Anyone All members Unmoderated Distribute (On) mark messages and deliver Members Sender Moderated Remove (On) don't deliver bulk messages Moderators Group owner New members Off
Off Unsubscribe

Turn off is on line 3 Moderators or owners under spam guard off.... anything else leaves spam guard active on your group.

Please feel free to pass this along to all your list so we can correct this problem of our messages being locked up as "virus loving spam attachments." some people may be too frightened of virus' to even look at what we are sharing ...

I hope this is helpful to some of you.

James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey
jscm_at_... (note - new address!)