Re: Version number worries...

From: perkele000 <antti.heiskanen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 12:04:01 -0000

> Start the game using the icon from windows desktop, dont let it
> start from cd-autoplay or if you dont have the icon on desktop,
> click start and find the executable icon or directly go to windows
> explorer and find where u install kodp and click on the exe file,
> good luck..

Yes have been that all along. But it makes no difference. Still show v1.0.

From the instructions:
> > 3. Move the Opal and mt directories to the root of the drive
> > you installed the game on.

Those directories do have the updated files from the KoDP-17update. zip. So if the scenes are indeed loaded from the HD I should be fine?

> > 4. Move KODP4922.mxx and KODP4923.mxx from the root directory
> > of the CD to the root of the hard drive.

And those are of course the same as on the original CD.

I wonder where the game checks the version number from.

-antti //it is just so damn slow esp. with my old cd-drive, but maybe I better go back to playing it the normal sluggish speed and hope nothing bad has occured that would prevent playing the game to the happy end. :-(