Re: Version number worries...

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 12:17:02 -0800

Antti

>Now what got me worried is that I noticed that in the Game controls
>screen it reads "v1.0 (492)" instead of v1.7 I have installed. So I
>wonder if that is just an esthetic effect of the advice quoted above
>or I'm actually using version 1.0 with all it's bugs.

I'd say if it shows 1.0 then it's 1.0. Be sure to copy both scenes.dat and Opal.r32 (or Opal.rPP) to your hard disk.

Some problems with earlier builds get into the saved state and can't be solved by the update.

>I wonder where the game checks the version number from.

The 1.7 comes from the Opal.r?? file; the 492 comes from the much larger files.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com