Re: Re: [KoDP PBEM

From: Henk Langeveld <hlangeveld_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:37:19 +0100

On FRP PBEM in general -
I have one experience with this, where I joined to play a thief/artist like character visiting a town. All was going well for the first two or three exchanges, until I found out that was only the game setup. When the game proper started, it turned out to be nothing more than a dungeon crawl, with a timescale of 1 min. per turn. The game only went downhill from there.

In a way, PBEM should focus on the grander scale of things, and in a sense, KODP would be a good framework for that. You could combine this with more tactical events played f2f, not necessarily with the same players, IMO...