Re: Re: How easy would it be to create a king of sun country game?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:21:46 -0700 (PDT)

> *** WARNING! Long and politely opinionated. You may want to skip! ***

I'm glad I didn't skip. Thanks for putting into words what I was feeling. I guess after reading that I finally found the words to express my take on it: What was expressed was not a compelling business case. I happen to work in a high tech start up, my second such company actually, and I've learned the incredible difference between the enthusiastic "this would be so cool of course it would sell!" and a proper business case.

I don't know squat about game publishing, but I'm pretty sure Dave and co looked at it quite a bit, and if they saw a reasonable chance to take some of the existing work and turn it into something that would actually make a profit, I'm sure they'd do it. Not that people shouldn't suggest what they perceive as opportunities, but unless you have a lot of analysis and research behind you, it would be more reasonable to say something like "This is something that would be cool and/or this is something that has worked for some other game, and wouldn't it be nice if it were feasible for A-Sharp as well?" Rather than "A-Sharp should do this, it would work really well."

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Shop for Back-to-School deals on Yahoo! Shopping. http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool