Re: Finally did it :)

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:50:58 -0800 (PST)

> I expect you've memorized a lot to be able to win on hard level - all
> the
> quests and myths, many of the event decisions, anything else?

Hmmm, been playing on and off for something like five years, I think I have pretty much all major events pretty well mapped out. I still sometimes get surprised, but not often, and not usually on key events (since you obviously hit those more often).

One factor was choosing safe, reasonably optimal, options. But as I said, I was lucky in getting some good breaks in the first few years. There is enough random elements that it isn't just a matter of memorizing the right responses. For example, we had clan members captured by the horse spawn. A few years later we were strong militarily, but had just split the clan so were short on farmers, and I wanted to get them back. But our expeditions to the horse spawn territory mostly came back in tatters, with a few succsefully ambushing grazers. But many expeditions over the yeards after that, we never hit the event where you see your captured clan-mates and have an opportunity to liberate them. Nor did we get a second shot at the golden-eye horse. I made what I thought was the right decision, and just lost more warriors in other words.

--Bryan

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - now with 250MB free storage. Learn more. http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250