Re: Digest Number 600

From: Glazius Falconar <GlaziusFalconar_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:57:26 -0400

>In the game I just finished playing, Kallyr was chosen as queen. The *very next
>event* after her completion of her coronation rites was the tribe's demanding that
>she step down for having failed to live up to her vows. The only vow in question
>was the anti-banditry oath, and not only would we have done something about that
>as our first act as the queen's clan, but every other king or queen before us had
>utterly failed to take action against the bandits, so it seems strange that people
>would be blaming us in particular for that.
>
>We were a Peace clan, and until this inexplicable event we had been well liked and
>at the top of the reputation scale. No one was feuding with us and all the clans
>but one were our good friends. Even that clan was dull blue on the map, not pink.
>I've gotten that "queen must step down" event before, but I've never deserved it
>less.

I've had it almost immediately after the tribe was formed, though for no reason I could see. I think it might just be a percentage chance as long as your tribe mood is at most neutral.

For this reason I try to go light on the questing if at all possible, so as to have very much mojo to raise the tribe mood _immediately_ after inception.

--GF