Re: KODP in a window

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 21:49:50 -0400 EDT

Alexander G. M. Smith wrote on Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:50:10 -0400 EDT:
> varleymaguire wrote on Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:31:16 -0000:
> > Is there any way to get the game to play in a window? At the moment
> > it plays fullscreen (desktop resolution 1600x1200) with a huge black
> > border filling the empty space. I know you can change the exe
> > settings to run in 800x600, but I'd prefer to play the game in a small
> > window on my desktop while doing other things.
> >
> > I have searched for any mention of this, or an update for the
> > mTrolopis player which may support windowed mode, but can't find anything.
> >
> > I forgot how good this game was.
>
> Does alt-enter in Windows switch between full screen and windowed? I vaguely recall seeing it in a window and being disappointed that it was always 640x480, making for a small window. Or maybe I'm thinking of some other game. I'd have to boot up Windows 98 to check...

Actually, it's not a full screen mode. It's just a very big window with a black border. You can start up your other programs, then when KoDP is running, alt-tab to bring up the other programs in front. Or use control-escape to get the start menu and task bar.

The drawback is that KoDP is always in the center of the screen. You might be able to work around that with some sort of dual screen trickery.

But no, I wasn't able to find any way of getting rid of the black border.