Re: Cragspider

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 18:58:08 -0700 (PDT)

Usually if we promise never to trespass on her lands again she'll let the party go. Other responses have-almost--always resulted in death. Note that if trolls are your ancient enemy you will gain some magic if your explorers try to attack her.

I said that other answers almost always resulted in death, because I recently played a game where my explorers survived giving another answer. Before we got there a troll trading caravan came by, and we gave them gifts. Then when we met Cragspider we offered her peace, and she said that she was not interested in peace, but that if we promised never to trespass again she'd let them go.

Note also that if you bring in the troll loving clan to your tribe, you might agree to make peace with the trolls. An event may eventually then come up where they say it is time for your tribe to make peace with the trolls. I've only had this come up once, just before the end of the game. We did succesfully make peace with the trolls. The game literally ended the next year, so I don't know if after that we could have gotten any other outcome from meeting Cragspider.

Regards;

Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?