Re: Saved game compatability?

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:29:35 -0500 EST

JR wrote on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:42:55 -0000:
> Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but I can't get saved games
> from a pc to work on a mac, and vice versa. Is there maybe a simple
> trick to converting them?

If the saved games are in binary (I checked - they are), then quite likely the different byte order of PowerPC and Intel will have messed up the data. There isn't an easy fix if that's the case, since you'd have to know where each multi-byte number is stored to be able to reverse it. That's assuming there aren't other problems, like some data items being different lengths.

In other words, you'd have to know the Opal (or whatever it is) file format at the lowest level.