Re: Buying KoDP

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:53:53 -0800

At 08:19 +0000 07-02-15, Jonathan Stone wrote:

>And it surprises me that a 70 megabyte demo can be worked out for
>free, but the full game can't be. But I'm hardly a programmer.

One answer: take a look at a calendar. We did the tour in early 2000, when the development tools were still almost current. This is 2007, and the machine that was all nicely set up to build no longer exists. And the KoDP team has moved on to other projects.

And once again: we. pay. for. bandwidth. Perhaps we should find another ISP, but we get good service from the one we have.

Truly I wish we had more new boxes to ship to stores. (A secondary wish is that UPS hadn't lost the last box carton we did have.) But the economics of small print runs just don't work out. Of course, I am assuming that we wouldn't be able to sell for $99 a copy -- if we could, that'd be a different story.

It's not impossible that we'll somehow be able to make a downloadable build, but please don't count on it.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp, LLC
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com