Re: Wishlist ....

From: suportgiathainguyen <giathainguyen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 02:14:17 -0000

I am serious as a heart attack. Since you are puzzled over my requests I will explain my explaination over them, then.

Why on earth should I not grow big clan? Security lies in number, not in the fickle favor of gods, or weather. With my huge population, naturally I can support big workforce of crafters and weaponthanes. Defense, that's assured, then; coupled with Earthblood and my crops are insured, even in bad years. And with my huge store of goods I can continously ask for favours from gods, or better yet, build all those great temples. Frankly, all these things people have said manytimes before, but they can be done easier with huge clan than small or medium.

About regicide, the point is the option to do so, not that we should or we would. in the long term, AI's King/QUeen doesnt matter. Since what matter is the number of crafters/weaponthanes/peasants. When you are outnumber 3:1 or worse, all the favours from gods, or talents of your commander, cant change the outcome of battles. Assassinate Kings or Queens is just an option in game, no more, no less. Throw it in, coupled with a penalty from Orthan, Elmal, and you got a nasty road for the dark overlords out there. We gamers somtimes play nasty, oh yes!(and if you think real life tribal politics are not nasty like that, you better do some more reading. Regicide is such a small stuff in all those nastiness.)

As for your question, I got my Tribal Kings everytimes I make a tribe. What's the point, otherwise? And the point of we, that is, you and me, we havent done much interaction with other tribes is that there's little diplomacy/war to play between tribes.

The reasons, the logic underlying my requests, is "alternative way of playing game". I dont want to play a devout chieftain of a small clan in the middle of all those clans sitting on hilltops, each think himself bigger than god, though unsaid. I want to play a practical man, who has to please so many factions in a clan, and all those prima donna gods and goddesses, and protect the people from chaotic monster, bad weather, annual raiding from those bloody nomad tribes, and whathaveyou... And my chieftain also aspire to greatness, in building his clan to be the biggest, richest, healthiest... around. I dont want to play in only one way, the 'correct' way of Glorantha. {who is sartar by the way? never care much for him.}

If that way contrast with actual Glorantha history... well, that's why we play a game, not an interactive novel, or reading a book.

Speaking of games, same time with King of Dragon Pass there's a game called Fallout, and its sequel, Fallout 2 (out in 2000?). Now that's a good example of multi ways to play a game. OR multi ways to shape history.

What is a game after all, if not the personal sandbox for us to shape history to our liking?!