Re: Wishlist ....

From: suportgiathainguyen <giathainguyen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 05:58:12 -0000

To Moody, this message is especially for you and whoever think like you

I will answer from bottom to top

> > When you are outnumber 3:1 or worse, all the favours from
gods, ...

> To me, it also shows a lack of understanding of Dragon Pass.

When those bloody 43 weaponthanes of Colymar tribe come with their 400 spears, does Humakti war magic, Elmal's aid, Orlanthi leadership help you any? with your 10 weaponthanes and 100 footmen I mean. At best you got a stalemate with HUGE casualty on your part, at your early stages. At worst your clan got decimated (killed one in ten) and 200 wounds. We are not even talking about loss of cows and goods here. And they raid you at least two times before they got bored.

> At its heart, KoDP is a game about being an Orlanthi clan and
settling in
> Dragon Pass, much (if not all) of what you request is outside that
basic
> concept.

Hah! I tell you a story like this:

One day, my clan chieftain visit my highest Orlanthi priest and Ernaldan priestess and ask "O Honored Ones! Should we be a humble, a modest, a small clan among all of our neighbours? Or should we be big,be strong, be the best in anything we do?" both smack my head upside down, and the ghostly hands of my honored ancest thrust into my buttocks. All crying "Foolish boy! Do you even have to ask? Are you a man of mature years? or those balls you got made of cheese? our ancestors' blood spilled over the years just for nothing?"

shamed face, my clan chieftain withdraw from there and go to visit his warleaders, a mightiest Elmal warrior, a cunning Vingan scarred amazon, and the Odaylan famed hunter. He asked all of them: "O Steadfast Comrades in Arms! Should we remain a smallish clan, strong only as others, and stay inside the confine of our forests? OR should we go forward, explore all the nooks and crannies of Dragon Pass?" the Vingan draw her blade and nick me in the neck just on a blink and purred "I see my boyfriend stay too long inside his tent. He really need to get out more. Fresh air do you lots of good!" The Odaylan shook his head bemusedly "Chief, you jest! Stay inside and wait for those walktapi visit us? Or those Chaotic monster? and our ancient enemy?" The Elmal smash his hammer and break the stone in half "Chieftain of mine! Have you forgot those boys of Colymar! Stay weak and wait for them go a-raiding? We need more patrols, more reserved thanes. And if those two here have their ways, they will need their escorts to poke around all those faraway lands. I cant object, seeing as how many treasure and goods out there just wait for the takings."

My clan chieftain bemusedly left the trio and go to the tent of his traders. Inside, his most cunning traders, the Issaries and the Eurmal, are locked in argument with his lorekeeper. All stopped, looking at him in expectance.

I ahem, and ask them those questions. The Issaries rolled his eyes and look to heaven as if asking for strength and patience. The Lhankor Myr look more amused than anything. The Eurmal, that bloody fool is capering around the tent, chanting "Eurmal Ball! Eurmal Ball! Our Chief lost his balls!"

My lore keeper take pity and tell me ,not unkindly but imsufferable "O Chief! With number came strength! Not in battle but in wits and wisdoms. Why, the last month I have an argument with the lorekeeper of Lonisi. He tell me his interpretation of the ancient Orlanthi laws of pasture... ah, no need to bother with that. He tell me his shall be deciding voice, not because it's the most accurate, but because his clan just gift two other clans with 200 trade goods, just so they will defer to his decision in the upcoming event. If we are stronger, more prosperous, why, we can gift them with the same number and let my superior intellect take the win in this battle of wisdoms!"

The old bat still as confused as ever, but his logic is not hard to understand. Somtimes it's being right is just not enough. You have to have a bigger voice, or bigger purse.

The Issaries wait for the old man finished totally before he speak, businesslike: "Chief! We got one cave full of glowing stones up the hill. The hunters tell me there are more clays, high quality clays, and other stuffs out there, just wait for our craftmen. They dont dare tell you or others since our crafters are too few and cant make something from them, yet. And we cant refuse if those bully from Colymar want to buy all of it, cheaplike, yes? So we need more people, more thanes, more crafters, more farmers. I dont even know why you bring this up since I tell you all of this months and months already. Small equal Weak equal Poor equal Small equal Weak equal Poor. I tell you this: If we got one hundred crafters and thanes to protect them, not only the Great Temple of Orlanthi you always want to build, I promise you, we can build Great Temples for all the Lightbringers. Think of our prestige, our fame. And I will finally be able to buy the SIlver Tongue from the damned Grey Fox."

My head swimmed, in vision of all those Great Temples, on our lands. Red hot poker stick in my belly! I look down, eyes in tears, not from the vision.

The thrice-damned Eurmal has just put his hairy hands on my ball and squeeze! He show his yellow teeth, laughed cruelly "I see you still got your balls down here."

I stand still. Eurmal sometimes play very rough and always dont care who the victims are. The Trickster talked, eyes gleaming: "Answer me! Who got the most beautiful girls in all these lands? Boys too, for that matter." I gritted my teeth and ground out "Lonisi! you should know you lecherous four-balls." he nodded and asked "And who is the most numerous then?"

I knitted my brows "Lonisi, of course. They are over two thousands..." He cut me off "there you are for why we should be big then.." and let mine go.

WHEWW. I exhale and inhale, ready to strangle that bastard. A head poke into the tent's flap booming "Chief, you are here! Come, give me a hand!" The Barnstar always loudmouth.

Our Uraldan priestess walk through the tent, on her way to the barns, perhaps. My favourite gal: busty and lasvicious. And always good for distracting the Eurmal. That bastard run out of here in a flash, intent on getting into her skirt no doubt.

I nodded at the two, who already arguing again, then walk out. The Barnstar want my help in repairing the Iron Plow, that's for sure.

He drag me toward the shed housing our second most precious treasure: the Iron Plow, booming on the way "The handle is cracked, again. Chief, gimme a hand holding this..." I ask him the question

he stopped, look at me in consideration, his hand check my head "For a moment I thought you had a head wound. Or fever." he resume dragging me.

I repeat the question. The burly shoulder man answer, nearly startled the horse nearby into fleeing "Of course we should have more people. We always need more. Farming, Herding... let alone those guys and gals always want gallivanting around, bring with them the evercurious thanes. I tell you, with one thousand spear at home I will be content to let them playing. And dont ask that question with Uraldan. She's pissed off right now because we dont have enough hands to help both the Healer and the birthing calves. lose a pair last night. Calves, I mean."

The story go on...

What you say about being Orlanthi pissed me off. Being Orlanthi has nothing to do with wanting to be big, or strong, or rich. You, my fellow gamer, are having a skewed vision of the fantasy. fantasy-like fantasy, I mean.

Hmm