HeroQuesting Questions

From: The Dugans <alleghator_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 07:01:02 -0000

Simple questions:

Currently the heroquesting process is a sequence of scenes at which you have a number of choices. I have a question about these choices...

Are the scenes designed for you to pick the ONE correct choice, or rather in some cases, you are supposed to pick a sequence of choices, each which lead you back to the same scene, until you get a success?

For example, Humakts Heroquest:
In this one you see Eurmal stab Grandfather Mortal with a sword.

I've been treating the intial scene for Humkts Heroquest as a "sequencetial" scene. Now i've read the "sword story" and "Humakt" many times, and I *think* I'm supposed to pick the "wait till Eurmal shows the sword". This always leads to him not giving me the sword, and I suspect it always will. So then, which of the three remaining methods am I "supposed" to use to go with the "mythically correct" way. There doesn't seems to be anything mentioning or even hinting what I should do next. I usually just keeping choosing something until it works.

NOW, is this scene REALLY a "there is a good first choice" scene? Then I guess waiting for Eurmal to show me the sword, while mythically corect from what has been written , is NOT the right choice as it never works.

But, there are at least TWO heroquests scenes where I'm certain that they are sequential scenes. One is Lyankor Mhy last scene, where you untwist, polish and the cover your head exactly as mentioned in the secrets. The other is Elmal scene where you present your soul and promise to serve chaos.

So, are all scenes supposed to be "One good choice" scenes, or are some of them "sequential" scenes.

Oh and telling me what is the correct mythical choice for humakt would be just great if there is one. As I can't find the correct choice in the game anywhere.

The reason I ask is that I've been led to believe from what was written about heroquesting that picking the mythically correct choices will be more challeging, but also give a greater benifit.