Re: King of Dragon Pass in CIV?

From: uplink <uplink989_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 05:55:32 -0600

The problem with modding the Civ games is, no matter how many graphics alterations or advancement alterations you make, it still plays like Civ: you start with one city, grow into a larger nation, acquiring scientific advancements that let you grow more powerful along the way.

Nothing like KODP, where you're relegated to one village (at least for a very long time).

Building a Glorantha-based mod would be fairly easy... there's a map editor included... but again, it plays like a Civ game. If you're still interested in something like that, I suggest the Rhys and Fall mod, which is based around the Bronze Age of our own history, and is downloadable from several sources (or, if you get the Civ 4: Beyond The Sword expansion, is included on the install.)