re: Resurection never had an opportunity to use it.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:59:31 -0700

Chris

>With the CA resurection spirit magic I've never been prompted for it's use. In
>what situations can I use it as it would be handy to revive a clan
>elder whohas
>died say in battle.

The manual says

Resurrection
One of Chalana Arroy's amazing powers is the ability to restore the recently dead to life. The circumstances of death or the magical affiliation of the deceased can prevent this. Humakti, for example, are pledged to the god of Death, and can never be resurrected. Unlike more common sacrifices, Resurrection expends a great deal of the clan's magic.

and

Resurrection requires a relatively whole body that is still close to its severed spirit. If you're going to try to resurrect a dead leader, don't dally. Take the first chance you get or it will be too late.

(FWIW, the code reads

if (inTemple == bit_ChalanaArroy && inEffect == se_Resurrection) {

	p = this->ResurrectableLeader(inObjective);
	thePerson = this->Leader(p);
	gString = "Chalana Arroy brought ";
	gString += thePerson->Name();
	gString += "'s spirit back from the land of the dead!";
	COpal::Saga().Append(gString, COpal::Year());
	thePerson->SetState(CPerson::kAlive);
	thePerson->SetLocation(CPerson::kHome);

so I'm pretty sure we implemented and tested this!)

--

David Dunham     A Sharp, LLC
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com