Re: Re: Personality traits

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:35:10 -0700 (PDT)

Just speaking of other clan chiefs, one trait that I think I've only seen mentioned once, but which highly amused me, was something like: "known for his conservation of personal energy."  An uncharacteristically diplomatic (for Heortlings) way of saying "He's lazy!"

I've noticed that certain types of leaders seem more prone to certain personalities.  i.e. LM seem to often be anti-elf or anti-women.

      ulyssez

>Smart diplomat: In diplo negotiations, always consider the

>opponent's personality and makes good advice.

I'm pretty sure this would just be skill -- i.e. why you pay

attention to who you put on the Ring.

>These traits I'm fairly certain of.

This sounds about right (from memory).

>There are also traits like hateful, poetic, romantic/heroic and

>cowardly that I'm not quite sure of. There are probably also other

>situation-specific Anti- and Pro- traits that would be harder to

>observe.

At least some of those exist too (IIRC) -- good deduction.

> >From some of the game text, I imagine there may also be traits

>like guileful, daring, generous, honest, greedy and so on, and

>perhaps even things like "scared of snake", etc. But I suspect that

>these are traits for NPC clan chiefs only, since I've yet to see any

>noble that consistently show any of these traits.

It's true that NPC chiefs have a different set of trait.

Alex

>If there are still paintings to be sold, that could be a good marketing

>bonus for curious fans. Bundle the page of pseudocode with the painting

>or charge an archival fee for digging it up. I certainly found that it

>added to the artwork.

There are certainly still paintings to be sold. I don't have an

inventory -- many of the ones I think are best/popular have already

sold (in particular, I doubt there are any ducks left). I think

stefano.gaudiano (add "gmail" and "." and "com" to contact him) would

be happy to deal.

--

David Dunham

Glorantha/HQ/ RQ page: www.pensee.com/ dunham/glorantha .html