Re: Open source?

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 06:03:41 -0400 EDT

David Dunham wrote on Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:21:51 -0700:
> You saw the sample scene?

For those of you who are new members and are interested in seeing what the code looks like, have a peek at:

http://a-sharp.com/kodp/osl.html

I wonder if you could just do a rebuild, with higher resolution scans of the artwork and sound (though I suspect they don't exist). Would be nice to have a high definition PC/Mac version!

Come to think of it, KoDP could even work on Blu-ray discs, if a Java version was created (Blu-ray players have a Java interpreter built in). Would be a lot of work - repainting the artwork, recoding the logic, rerecording the music, but not as much work as the original. The user interface would work with Blu-ray player remote controls and doesn't need real-time speed so even the slower players could run it.