Re: Re: Similar games?

From: Michael Akinde <michael.yahoo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:59:20 +0200

The scripting system is not a problem. Content generation would be.

The big problem with making a KODP-like game would be the enormeous amount of game content required. Hundreds of scenes (most of them with individual graphics) with multiple outcomes, a number of which feed into latter scenes = many hundreds, if not thousands of man-hours of work. That kind of effort is beyond the reach of most competent amateur programmers.

The incompetents are off busy trying to build an MMORPG or whatever is the current favorite of the game development world. ;-)

Roguelikes generally have the benefit that almost all their data is generated.

Regards,

Michael A.