Re: Open source?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:59:56 -0700

Robert

>I don't understand - could you make it clearer how opening the source
>stops a) people playing the game, and b) MORE people playing the game?

Given you cannot build the game from source, and have no way to run it on a current Macintosh anyway, how can more people play it if you have the source? Convince me that you WILL complete the project, not that someone else MIGHT.

"Wafer"

>you open the code up to a huge pool of talent who will improve your
>product for you, for free

Keep in mind that most successful open source projects (e.g. Apache or WebKit) are actually written by paid coders.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp, LLC
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com