Re: Re: Similar games?

From: Michael Jason Teegarden <mjteegarden_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

Quite a low turnout for a contest. :( I do not recall seeing it ... may have been during the height of my work year or before I joined the KoDP list. Were the task parameters difficult to achieve? Was the contest only for ideas, or for writing a plot and dialogue, or for any programming?

Michael

Michael

>Perhaps A Sharp can host contests? Send in player-created
>storylines, write new heroquests, create new characters. Either for
>the current game, or if you want a simpler game, once the parameters
>are determined for that simpler game, new
>storylines/heroquests/characters can be written for that, too.
>Mighty large fanbase out there ...

You know, we *did* have a contest to get a new scene into the 1.7 update. It was a while ago, but if I recall, we got somewhat serious interest from one person, but no entries.

Creating one scene was a lot less work than revivifying a dead piece of software...

--

David Dunham     A Sharp, LLC
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404    http://a-sharp.com