Re: Re: Re : King of dragon pass game

From: Henk Langeveld <henk_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 23:14:28 +0200

David Dunham wrote:
> My guess is you're applying out-of-game knowledge here. Chances are
> your clan has not yet realized that there are dragonewts in Dragon
> Pass. Here's a code fragment:
>
> Response 4: Improve relations with outsiders.
> {
> benefit = 4
> NewChoices
> text: Which outsiders?
> response: Aldyrami
> {
> chosenClan = aldryami
> }
> [beastfolk.knowledge <> 'unknown] response: Beastfolk
> {
> chosenClan = beastfolk
> }
> [dragonewt.knowledge <> 'unknown] response: Dragonewts
> {
> chosenClan = dragonewt
> }

David,

I love these snapshots...

As a coder, I like reading (good) code. What i like about the snippets you have released so far is that the code is fairly self-explanatory.

(I have worked with an authoring system long, long ago myself.   On a BBC Micro, I think the software was a Pilot clone).

Will you post another chunk of code for each copy of the game you sell? I'm not promising I will buy more copies - but that would give all of us an incentive...

;-)

Not flogging the dead horse, just tickling to see if there's some life in it...

;-)

Cheers,
Henk