Re: Savegame editing

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:14:46 -0500 EST

outis02 wrote on Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:10:35 +0000:
> Might as well just post the whole thing. Here is the included KoDPinc.bt,
> which is just a list of variable names, event tags, treasures and names.
> [...]
> string FEMALEread (FEMALE &n) { string s;
> switch (n.Idx) {
> case 0 : s = "Aransanda"; break;
> case 1 : s = "Arene"; break;
> case 2 : s = "Arkilla"; break;
> case 3 : s = "Beneva"; break;
> case 4 : s = "Brenna"; break;
> case 5 : s = "Desrada"; break;

I wonder how the original authors came up with all those names. Were there some rules inspired by real world clan names? Names of adventurers in games of RuneQuest?

P.S. Googling for Aransanda Arene Arkilla Beneva Brenna Desrada lead me to http://mythologic.info/questlines/namegen.html (and a page where someone posted their KoDP log text). Guess that partly answers my question.