Re: Re: No further updates regarding figuring out game mechanics? <SPOILER>

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:22:11 -0800 (PST)

My responses inline, marked as:

        * (response)

Now i know theres a heroquest where if you get lost, you can try to trade for a treasure from some godsmith...but i never managed to get it to work.

      * I _think_ the only treasure you can get is the wheel, and I think the odds of getting it are better with an Issaries quester (or maybe someone with good bargaining?)

Some other stuff i was wodnering :

-Theres a holy warrior who comes to ask you to support him in performing a heroquest to unite dragon pass because orlanthi are fighting orlanthi. Has anyone managed to get this one to suceed, at all?         *  This shows you that there are limits even to heroquests :)

-Beastmen valley, is there any point to this place? I did manage to get a "befriend beastmen community" event once, but the rest are simply "minotaur rape".         *  I think the point is that the beastmen are too tough, you can't take that territory.  Also a good way to get rid of an unwanted noble :)

-Is there any truth to the rumour that vingans/odalaya make better explroers?         *  I think it said so in the manual (actually that Vingans and Issarians were the best, Odaylans second, everyone else third).    So I'd at least say 'rumour' rather than 'myth'......but it is certainly not the only factor that matters.

-Sometimes when you force an enemy clan off their tula, they resettle somewhere far away enough(not adjacent to your tula). They can raid you but you cant raid them back. Its a very annoying bug since you cant do anything about them.       *  I've never found myself unable to raid someone....cattle raids only work on nearby clans, and sometimes far ones you have to cross another clan lands, but unable to raid at all--really?

-Where on the map are the horse spawn? Praxians, etc are clearly labeled, but the horse spawn...?        * In the areas where your explorers encounter them, of course!  Roughly: west of Kero Finn.

-Has anyone managed to get any of the trainers to work? Despite supposedly being for 1.7, they do absolutely nothing for me.         * what trainers?

-What can you get from exploring the dragon newt wildlands? I know you can get the silver dragon statue(first event), and theres a random event for another treasure, but the rest seems to be "random loot" that pisses off an instant death race.         * my experience matches yours here.  Mostly I avoid it, after the statue.

-Barley, wheat, rye, whats the difference really?         * Wheat and barley both yield higher than Rye normally, in a good crop year wheat yields especially well.  In a poor crop year Rye is not as effected.  Try adjusting the crop mixture while looking at the forecasted crop in the farming screen, you can actually see the crop forecast change.  But this effect is fairly minor.

-Sheep, how am i supposed to increase their size? You cant actually steal them or anything. Oh and for some reason during sacred time overview, when i mouse over pastures it keeps saying my herds are overcrowded and malnourished, which is silly because i have more than double the pasture amount that my advisors are recommending. ..probably another bug...         * I _think_ that when you do the Ernalda heroquest, that its general benefit helps all of your herds somewhat.  At least, when I've run Ernaldan clans that do her quest a lot, I've ended up with more sheep.  I wonder if the specific benefit to improve the health of your cattle (from Ernalda) might also help sheep too, but not sure.  Save file hacking might figure this one out!

http://www.flickr.com/gift/