Re: Annoying bug

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:12:56 -0800

>Also, another bug, if you give gifts to a clan you owe favors to,
>they will say the favor has been repaid, but its not, the game still
>counts you as oweing a favor to them.

I don't think so. You're probably referring to this piece of OSL

otherClan.obligations += 1
[otherClan.favorsDueUs > 0] {

        sagaText: They said that we were their friends, and that we could call on them in the future if we needed to. } else {

        text: They said that the gifts would serve as repayment for a favor we had owed them.
}

which pretty clearly reduces the favors owed. But only by 1 -- if you owed more than one, you still owe after the gifts.

BTW, this is only part of the logic -- clan relations are pretty complex, and other factors (including the skills of the emissary) come into play.

>Also, heres a game breaking bug : Sometimes when you select to
>explore, but cancel out of it, the buttons will gray out like in the
>screenshot and you will be permanently stuck on the explore screen
>with no way out.

Any repro steps? Never seen that one.

>Heres another : My clan chief is the tribal chief but i dont get any
>option to refuse...?
>
>http://yfrog.com/i3kodp16j

You never get the option to choose what people do, only clan-level decisions. I'm sure you've played long enough to know that ring members sometimes have minds of their own.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp, LLC