Re: Random Event & Cults

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:40:57 -0700

> Greetings from a person who bought one of the first copies of KoDP from here in Helsinki, Finland, wayWAY back. I believe Finland as one of the anomalies regards how well the game sold.

Yes, Finland was a great market (other than the fact that there are only a few million of your countrymen).

> There are some events that just call for a devotee of a certain god to try to solve it. Like the event I got after the most recent reinstall(with XP mode on Win7 - yay!).

Good to hear it's still working (I don't think I ever got around to installing Windows 7 to test).

> The "I wanna challenge your champion for a duel by the roamer from the Holy Land.". Now for a Glorantha friendly mind way back from the 80's this call for a Humakti take up the duel challange. If you select the duel option(s) of course.
>
> But do these random events(the ones where you select the noble to solve it) usually take the cult status into effect?
>
> Or should I had just selected the best combatant in this case?
>
> I guess the reply will be "Yes, on some of them the cult matters". Duh. But I guess I was more after whether there was a determined effort to include the cult status to many events. Or course info whether there was no effort to include any cult status to practically any events would be good too.

There is certainly no stock formula -- sometimes consistency is not a virtue.

Some events will only *happen* if you have a ring member who worships a particular god.

There are definitely situations where worshipper of a specific god on the ring gives you a bonus. And I remember something about "worshipping a war god" as well.

Of course, some of this applies to treasures, too. If your clan has a treasure that helps worshippers of a particular deity, you might choose differently.

Anyway, the designers were definitely taking the Gloranthan deities into account.

David Dunham Creator of Jigami, a unique game for iPhone/iPod touch http://a-sharp.com/jigami/