Re: Re: KoDP on Twitter

From: Kaj Sotala <xuenay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 19:07:59 +0300

In case anyone's too lazy to check out the Twitter feed to see the tweets so far, here's a sample of what you'll get (newest to oldest):

When did #KoDP begin? The oldest correspondence (to _at_GregStafford) is dated 10 April 1996. about 1 hour ago via web

When did #KoDP begin? The oldest document seems to be a proposal for a colonization of Dragon Pass computer game, dated 19 March 1996. about 13 hours ago via web

The hardware requirements for #KoDP: Pentium 133 with 32MB of RAM; PowerPC Mac, 24 MB of RAM. Modest even in 1999! 10:42 PM Aug 5th via web

Got #KoDP running under Windows 7 (installed on our new iMac, running under Fusion). Loaded CD, ran installer. Had to copy two files to C:\. 8:23 PM Aug 4th via web

#KoDP by the numbers: Over 400 interactive scenes, 75 individual clan leaders, 500 hand-drawn color illustrations, 28 musical compositions. 8:50 AM Jul 28th via web

Last tweet mentioned extractedStrings — our tools output this file to aid in spellchecking. With 462K words, spelling was important to us! 9:01 AM Jul 26th via web

How big is #KoDP? A quick word count of extractedStrings: 462K. (Recommended length for first novels: 80K to 120K.) 9:16 AM Jul 23rd via web

King of Dragon Pass first shipped on 29 Oct 1999. 10:46 AM Jul 22nd via Twitterrific

Still a bit amazed that a game on CD from 1999 still sells http://bit.ly/9c3jpY — the emphasis on story rather than technology must help. 8:45 AM Jul 21st via Twitterrific

_at_justin_c_rounds @MrMacguffin We tried to repurpose #KoDP from a CD-only game, but couldn't overcome a 10 year old development environment… 7:31 AM Jul 20th via Twitterrific in reply to justin_c_rounds

Five more pieces of original artwork from #KoDP are available at http://www.etsy.com/shop/daviddunham (free shipping on second item!) 7:45 AM Jul 19th via web

Shipping is a common concern. Not being _at_amazon, we can’t promise next day gratification. But we usually mail within a business day or two. 4:37 PM Jul 18th via web

Just mailed a CD out today, and have another inquiry pending. Usually this means someone wrote about #KoDP — thank you, pseudonymous author! 4:10 PM Jul 17th via web

If you recently got the CD, be sure to apply the update to 1.7: http://a-sharp.com/kodp/update/ 4:50 PM Jul 16th via web