Re: KoDP on Twitter

From: Robert McArthur <rjmcarthur_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:42:45 +1000

On 9/08/2010 5:15 AM, Ian Borchardt wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 4:27 AM, David Dunham <david_at_...
> <mailto:david%40a-sharp.com>> wrote:
> >
> > While this mailing list is still a great resource that I refer people
> to, it isn't necessarily the best place to broadcast information to the
> world at large. So while I encourage you all to continue discussions
> here, I'd also recommend you check out our official Twitter presence
> (and follow if you're a member):
>
> Will you feed such tweets to the mailing list in digest form for those
> of us luddites that actually prefer the lack of immediacy of email?

I agree - I'm not on and won't be on twitter. Many people are in the same situation. Please don't jump on that bandwagon and forget the majority of people on the Internet.

I'd suggest that this is the perfect medium to broadcast *and store* facts about the game, rather than a system designed to promulgate information of an instantaneous nature to a social group. By all means gateway the messages sent here to twitter, but I'd ask please don't go the other way.

Robert