Re: KoDP for iPhone and iPod touch

From: Michael Akinde <michael.yahoo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:33:17 +0200

Hi,

Please don't forget Android (the Google phone). Granted - I am a fan (and developer - if any of you have Android device, do try "Pirates and Traders", the most popular of my efforts) - but it's also just plain sense. Sale of Android phones is growing at an amazing rate. It may not happen within the next 12 months (iOS has a good lead yet), but it is only a matter of time before Android outnumbers iOS - the number of new devices being pumped out every month (plus Apple's unwillingness to compete for the low-cost segment) pretty much guarantees this. With Google planning the rollout of a direct iTunes competitior (which will sell both Android and web-based apps), the earnings potential in the market may soon start fulfilling its potential.

Not to suggest that you should drop your iOS plans and make this for Android right away or anything like that, but just to support outis's comment that you should be very aware of the earning potential in making this cross-platform.

Regards,

Michael Akinde