Feature request: biographical chronicles

From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:33:37 -0000

Okay, I don't know if Mr. Dev is planning on adding any new feature. But here I am requesting it anyway.

What I would like to see is a very simple feature: a per character biographical chronicle.

Basically, in each character's description, there would be a short list of great deeds (or great mischiefs) that he had done. Things like dualing a death lord, stealing a golden horse, leading a great victory, outwitted a dragonkin, escaped the cragspider, being booted off the ring, being shamed by poets, caused a blood feud, so on and so forth.

This chronicle needs have no gameplay effects, but it would add loads and loads of flavour to each character!

Having hacked the savegame, I know this could be easily implemented. If you want to keep the character data block static in size, simply limit the number of entry in the chronicle.

You would of course need to make a new array of data that contains these "bio entries", and simply add a GiveFeatToHero function to noteworthy scenes.

Alternatively, you could give every scene a new property that contains the "bio entry". So that every scene would give a bio entry to the participating character. To prevent the bio chronicle from getting too trivial, there would be a limit on the number of entries. Each scene's "bio entry" property also contains a "magnitude" property, which would denote the noteworthiness of this event. If an event's magnitude is higher than the lowest entry in a character's bio, the new entry will replace a lower one. If not, the new entry will be ignored.

The result is basically that each character will have a list of, say, the 10 greatest deeds of his life.