Re: Apocalypsi

From: outis02 <uly_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:58:20 -0000

You raise some very good points. But I would also argue that the sense of urgency and the constant fight for survival is a core part of KoDP's gameplay, and to dumb it down would take a lot away from the game.

As a compromise, I suggest introducing two new modes:

The "Beginner Mode", as the name suggests, makes the game a whole lot easier. The key differences may include:

In addition to the Beginner Mode, there may also be a "Story Mode". In this mode, the whole game is pretty much on autopilot. The player only makes decisions in events. They may also be able to set the clan's war/peace balance, and possibly initiate or veto wars. But otherwise, in this mode, it's just scene after scene after scene.

These modes should probably be limited to short games, in order to encourage players to learn and experiment with the long game.

ps. Oh, yes, as a long-time fan, I would be quite annoyed if any feature or deity was cut from the game! If anything, I want more! I wouldn't mind if they are disabled for Beginner Mode, though.