Re: Development Blog

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 21:01:27 -0700

Kaj Sotala:

> I'm curious: it's been over 10 years since the game was originally
> made. How does it feel to be working on it again, even just porting
> it? Do you get many "oh, I just remembered the 18 hours straight we
> spent coding/arguing over this module" kind of moments, or "damn, I
> didn't remember our solution to this was that ugly/elegant" kind of
> moments, et cetera?

It's been fun.

The actual port part is done -- the C++ code pretty much just works (after some minor cleanup for modern compilers), and that means the OSL scripts just work. So it's a matter of recoding everything Elise did with mTropolis. There I'm mostly trying to figure out exactly how things worked. Frex, can you ever pick 0 items? (This is the part where the UI responds to OSL calls.)

https://twitter.com/KingDragonPass/status/21966166590 https://twitter.com/KingDragonPass/status/22004620768

New blog entries, BTW.

David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: _at_KingDragonPass