re: Features to cut (was: Statistical ledger)

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:46:28 -0700

> Remove features? Never!

Yes, the game needs to be simpler to appeal to a wider audience, and to be able to finish in a reasonable time frame.

And yes, the crop and patrol sliders will be gone.

> The same goes for adjusting the inner and outer patrols - I always had
> a certain fixed ratio of men that I kept on patrol, and never adjusted
> it because of shifting morale. If you wanted to keep part of it, you
> could make it into a selection with just the options for heavy /
> normal / light patrols.

IIRC, this would really be a focus on inner vs outer (they had different impacts on detecting raids vs responding to raids). But probably not worth it.

> Hopefully you'll fix the bug where the sacred time screen tells you that your herds are overcrowded and starving, while the agricultural screen tells you that you have huge amounts of excess pasture land.

Actually, the tula screen is gone.

> Another thing I'd like to see is some way of knowing when we are near our limit of temples/shrines, etc.

Don't advisors tell you?

David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: _at_KingDragonPass