Re: iOS issues

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:35:33 -0700

David Gadbois:

> 1. It does not implement fast app switching, so every time you take a
> phone call or run another app, it takes about 15 seconds to get back
> into the game.

I'm definitely planning on supporting fast app switching, though truly saving in the middle of an interactive scene is unlikely. I think it's probably worth the occasional "back to the management screen".

Another feature that will probably be only partially supported is the Retina Display. But that's one reason I was so excited to get the Erasmus font into the game — all of the text is going to look awesome.

> 2. The game help is just a web link, which requires firing up Safari to
> view the help and then waiting for the game to reload itself when done.

I haven't figured out quite how to do the manual, but an obvious idea is an embedded WebKit view. (Having it as a separate web page is good too, in that you could view it on a separate device.)

Tutorial is going to be tricky too.

David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: _at_KingDragonPass