Re: Re: spliting

From: Kaj Sotala <xuenay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 20:41:25 +0300

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 8:17 PM, <donmoody_at_...> wrote:
> David Dunham wrote:
>
> > On 6 Sep 2010, at 07:33, KingOfDragonPass_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:
> >
> >> Is there any way to stop my clan from dividing itself after
> >> having 1,100-1,300 people?
> >> Even when I choose the largest land possible, it still happens.
> >
> > No. Go with the flow.
>
> But I want to swim upstream.
> There are enough going weith the flow.
> Someone needs to buck that trend (i.e. be the exception that proves the
> rule).

Well, there is a way. Each time that people show up to complain, either give them gifts or raid for more land. I don't remember how much exactly, but I think I've gotten my population up to 2,000 - 3,000 or so this way.

Note that this will hit your clan morale hard. Though a big size will also give you a lot of resources, so you can keep gifting people and throwing feasts to compensate.