Re: Sacred Time Magic

From: Michael Akinde <michael.yahoo_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 00:39:12 +0200

  On 9/12/2010 12:16 AM, David Dunham wrote:
> It wouldn't really save all that much, but:
>
> Does anyone assign magic to Children in Sacred Time? There's always never enough magic, and this one seems less appealing.
I tend to use this a good deal in the early game, especially if I feel like going war-crazy. Having a large clan in those instances is very useful.

Incidentally, regarding the earlier discussions about splitting, I have frequently been able to carry on with massive clans for most of the endgame. It all depends on what kind of "split events" you get.

> Any other "I never do this" choices?
>
> (For reference, the choices are
>
> Children

As above.
> Crops

Depends on the situation. But if I have spare magic, it goes here.
> Diplomacy

Very rarely. Really only useful if one wants to end a few feuds quickly.
> Health

If the clan has a lot of sick or wounded, otherwise never.

> Herds

Always.
> Hunting

Never.
> Mysteries

Only if I have plans to sacrifice. So quite often in the early game. Late game, when most stuff is discovered, never.
> Quests

When planning Heroquests, of course.
> Trade

Almost never.
> War

Spare magic goes here. Seems like a better use than during battle, especially on the harder game settings.
> and in the late game,
>
> Destiny

A fair amount, since this seems to drive the end game.

> Heroism.)

Always. Anything that improves one's leaders is a good thing.

Regards,

Michael A.