Re: A couple questions about using the interface

From: Edward Bornstein <button_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:04:52 -0500 (CDT)

> Been thinking about UI for the iOS version: how useful is the ?magic rock?
> in the center of most screens? It shows active and possible blessings for
> current screen. But it made use of mouse rollover, so it has to change.
> Plus, it didn?t fit. Do you refer to the available blessings? Is the slow
> lighting up fun progress to see?

I like the rock and used it, both to see what was active, and as a quick way to ask "what could I try to deal with this problem I'm having now?".

> While working on the Saga screen, I realized we wrote code to search, but
> never made a UI. Is searching the saga worthwhile?

It would be a nice feature, but I didn't use the saga that often. Mostly for things time things like when the deal with the fox or a peace treaty with a clan expires. Or if I heroquested last year.

Digressing, there was one very annoying thing I recall happening once. I had been raiding a clan and they paid me tribute in return for a 2 year peace treaty. A few season later they raid me. I assume the deal is broken and raid them back. Then I get zapped by the gods for treaty breaking. Bogus!