Death spiral?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 11:40:41 -0700

I'm in the process of tuning KoDP, primarily to make it a bit easier. I think the term "death spiral" has been used on a number of occasions, and I'm trying to understand that. I'm not sure that there's really a positive feedback problem, where you get into a situation in which everything you do pushes you closer to losing. It may be instead that you're simply on the brink of economic collapse, and a bad harvest tips you into a long, slow decline. (Or that it knocks out enough population that you can't recover, which is pretty much the same thing.)

Thoughts/experiences?

David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: _at_KingDragonPass